Connex - Derby
SEND Teaching Assistant
8:30am- 3:30pm(full time)
£75- £85 dependent on experience
Connex is looking for a SEND teaching assistant to work both 1:2:1 and in small groups in a SEND school in Belper.
As a SEND teaching assistant, you will guide and encourage the learning of students who experience mild to moderate developmental delays and co-existing diagnosis such as Autism Spectrum Conditions, social and emotional mental health needs.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in delivering effective teaching on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Providing feedback to teachers and parents
- Covering break/Dinner time supervision
- Helping create a safe and welcoming environment for every child.
- Helping to providing interventions for students working at lower levels
The candidate we are looking for will have:
- A passion for education
- Experience in the care sector
- Interest in progression in the education sector
- Good team working skills.
- An enhanced and updated DBS (or be willing to obtain one)
- SEND experience or qualifications.
At Connex we are dedicated to helping our candidates achieve their goals whatever they maybe. Some of the things we can offer are:
- Weekly pay via PAYE to get you earning with us quicker.
- Free Access to a unique virtual learning Hub which allows you to upskill to- Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 Qualifications
- Chance to work with experienced local consultants who offer 1:2:1 support.
- Opportunity to secure a permanent placement.
Candidates really are at the heart of what we do, so whether you are an experienced teaching assistant or looking for your first steps towards a rewarding career in education then Connex wants to hear from you. If you are interested, please apply, and feel free to follow up with Frances on 0114 553 1980 or email email@example.com