Connex - Derby
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of children with additional needs? Connex Education are seeking a full-time SEND Teaching Assistant to join the supportive team at a small, nurturing special school in Burton-upon-Trent.
About the school:
The school serves children aged 5-19 with complex learning needs. Small class sizes and a knowledgeable, dedicated staff team allow for highly personalized support and intervention programmes. The school’s Ofsted ‘Good’ rating is focused on developing independent life skills, and social and emotional wellbeing in addition to core subjects.
About the role:
As a SEND TA, you will provide 1-to-1 support to students with additional needs including Autism, ADHD, MLD, PMLD and SLD.
The position is initially temporary, with the view to become permanent for the right candidate.
To be considered for the role, you should have:
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work individually with students as well as part of a team
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND needs in a school environment
- Patience and adaptability to meet varying student needs
- Minimum of 2 employer references
- An adult and child DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for a new one.
Benefits of Working with Connex Education:
- Competitive pay rates, via PAYE
- Access to free teaching assistant qualifications, career development training, and paid placements
- Dedicated consultant to provide 24/7 support
- Opportunities for advancement into teaching roles
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly below, or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this role, please call the office on 01332 913 151 to speak to a member of our team.