Connex - North East
Job Title: SEND Teaching Assistant
Pay: £76 – £85 per day
Connex Education is currently recruiting for x2 dedicated SEND teaching assistant to provide classroom support in our partnered secondary schools based in Stockton-on-Tees. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people with SEND.
Whilst in this role you will work with students aged 11-16 in key stages 3 and 4 who have special educational needs (SEND). Duties will involve providing learning support on a 1:1 or small group basis, implementing personalised learning programs, monitoring student progress, and assisting teachers in an inclusive classroom environment.
We are seeking someone with:
- Knowledge of supporting students with SEND – training will also be provided
- A patient, caring and encouraging approach to help students reach their potential
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Good communication skills to be able to follow instructions, update on progress and work collaboratively with teaching staff
- Flexibility to adapt activities based on individual student needs
- Willingness to continue developing skills and knowledge through ongoing training
- Commitment to following safeguarding policies and procedures
- You must be 21 or over
- You must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to apply for a new one
- Have experience working in a SEND role in a UK school environment.
What we offer:
- Full, FREE training in SEND, safeguarding and other CPD accredited courses.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Grow your own knowledge in a role that varies every day.
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements
- Invite to Teacher Socials and events.
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract.
To apply, please submit your CV to Connex Education along with a supporting statement outlining your experience with SEND students. For more information, contact Macy Mann on 01642 573 553.