Connex - Central
Here is an updated version specifying it is a temporary role that may be extended:
SEND Teaching Assistant Needed in Bury (BL9) – Immediate Temporary Start
A temporary opportunity has arisen for an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to join our supportive team at a school in Bury, BL9. We need someone who can start immediately from Monday, February 12th, with the possibility to extend the role.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with our SENCO, teachers and other TAs to provide in-class support and one-to-one interventions for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Duties will include:
– Providing tailored support for pupils with education, health and care plans (EHCPs)
– Assisting SEND pupils with learning activities, coursework and homework
– Monitoring and recording pupils’ progress
– Implementing recommended strategies from Individual Education Programmes (IEPs)
– Escorting SEND students on school trips and visits
The ideal candidate will have:
– Experience working with SEND pupils in a classroom environment
– A patient, caring and encouraging manner
– Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
– Good IT skills
– A minimum GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent
We also welcome applications from people with background experience working in care roles with children.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people with SEND, with the potential to extend the role. In return, we offer ongoing CPD opportunities, a friendly team environment and salary based on experience and qualifications.
If you have the passion and skills for this rewarding temporary TA position, apply now by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or applying online. Immediate start available so get in touch today!