Connex - Birmingham
Connex education is currently recruiting a qualified teacher specialising in special educational needs to work one to one with a year 11 pupil who has been diagnosed with anxiety. This student has struggled to be in a class environment due to the loud noises and many distractions therefore one to one tuition helped the development of this student when they were enrolled in a school. Due to limited spaces this student currently does not have a school placement in January so this tuition will take place in the student’s home. This will be focusing on general key stage four tuition and building confidence around learning and education.
You will be required to:
- Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
- De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Create a calm and positive learning environment
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Location: Shard End, B34.
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: Three days per week (full time options available)
Start date: ASAP
- QTS / QTLS
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching within a special school or exceptional experience within a mainstream setting working one to one with an SEMH student
- Team Teach or MAPA training (Preferred)
- Driving license (Preferred)
- Up to date Safeguarding certificate (To be completed through Connex Education Partnership)
- An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex Education recruits solely on the suitability of candidates to the role and does not discriminate in line with the Equality Act 2010.