Connex - North East
Teaching Assistant – Middlesbrough TS8
A primary school based in Middlesbrough part of a large multi academy trust are looking for an enthusiastic primary school teaching assistant who can provide support working within Early Years & KS1. You must prioritise the well-being of the pupils you are working with and be happy working with children who are lower level ability who have education and health care plans (EHCP) as they need more support than is available through generic SEN resources within the school. The role involves working with students in EYFS & KS1 assisting the teacher with general support in and out of the classroom, but mainly working 1:1 with children within the class room who may have complex additional needs such as Austism, Verbal communication or behaviour.
You must be committed to work 5 days per week and be able to work between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm. This is a long term role with the opportunity to secure a permanent contract if suitable.
We are looking for someone who has had working experience in a similar environment helping young children who may have lower levels of development or additional needs and EHC plans.
For the opportunity to work with an agency who will fund Level 3/4 qualifications, offer free CPD training, provide you opportunities in multiple schools and involve you in staff summer and winter social events then apply now.
Requirements for the role:
- Support experience preferably in a primary school or similar environment with young people aged 5-11
- Awareness and breif understanding of the National Curriculum and basic knowledge of Maths and English skills
- Dedication to become part of the school team community
- Enthusastic and motivated personaility. Ability to adapt and communicate with young pupils who may be struggling with verbal communication
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check – ESSENTIAL
If you would like more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Chloe on 01642 573 553 and send your CV to email@example.com