Connex - Derby
I am seeking Teaching Assistants to work within Primary schools in and around Swadlincote, on behalf of Connex Education Partnership. I am excited to hear from any individual who is committed to making a significant contribution to the learning experience of children, by offering them the right level of support to ensure that they make the best possible progress.
Working with our agency gives you the flexibility to work around your preferences and commitments. You can choose the exact days that suit you, on a week-to-week basis across the fantastic range of schools we work with. Alternatively, you may look to us to secure a longer-term position in just one school if this suits you better – and, as our positions are available across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, we can find you your ideal role!
As part of the position, you will be working closely with the class teacher in order to enable better access to learning for students. You will need to be proactive, adaptable and a confident communicator with a real passion for working with children.
Our ideal candidate will also need:
- A Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification, or at least 3 months’ experience as a Classroom Assistant
- Relevant and recent classroom experience in EYFS, KS1 or KS2, within your chosen year group
- To be a kind, patient and enthusiastic individual, who can work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of SEND, and experience working with SEND children
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, in order to build relationships quickly
- A DBS on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one
- The ability to provide us with 2 professional references.
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Thirsty Scholars, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, either apply below or please send your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, and somebody will be in touch very soon to discuss the role further. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about this or any of our other roles.