Connex - Derby
Are you a teaching assistant looking for your next role? Do you have high aspirations for all children, and an eagerness to make a significant difference to their lives? Are you looking for a better work-life balance, and the flexibility to work where and when you want? If the answer is yes, Connex Education Partnership would love to hear from you!
We are currently searching for a dedicated teaching assistant to work within our fantastic schools in Derby. If you register with us, you work exactly as you want to – so, whether it is day-to-day work as and when you want in a number of different schools in your immediate area, or you are more comfortable having long-term, set days within one school, then we will work to find you your ideal role.
The perfect candidate will be qualified as a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant, or have at least three-months’ experience working with primary-aged children. Within the role, you will be required to work alongside the class teacher to aid individual pupils or a small group of students to access the curriculum, through delivery of interventions or classroom support.
For this role, it is essential that you also have the following:
- The ability to work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Knowledge of SEND, or experience working with SEND children
- A willingness to undertake additional training and CPD
- A DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one
- 2 professional references.
In return, Connex Education will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Thirsty Scholars, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the office on 01332 913 151 with any questions about the role.