Connex - Wales
Connex Education Wales is looking to appoint passionate and committed Teaching Assistants to work within our Primary schools in Swansea.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have an understanding of the best ways children learn and make progress. You will know of a variety of teaching and support strategies, in order to bridge gaps and remove barriers to success, so that young learners can make the best possible progress.
Within the role, you will provide intervention support for targeted groups of children, promoting independence and ensuring better access to the primary curriculum. It is essential that you possess a kind, caring nature and that you have experience of working with children with complex needs. An element of personal care may also be required.
In order to be considered for this role, it is important that you:
- Are a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant, or you will have at least 3 months’ classroom experience
- Have relevant and recent classroom experience in EYFS, KS1 or KS2
- Have a commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential
- Are knowledgeable about SEND, and have experience working with SEND children
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with children and colleagues, in order to build relationships quickly.
- Willingness to undergo additional CPD, including safeguarding training
- The ability to provide 2 professional references
- A DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one
- Registration with the EWC in correct category
In return, Connex Education Wales will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Connex Academy, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, apply directly below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Tyler on 07824 523688.