Connex - Derby
Are you passionate about education, and wish to support all children to reach their full potential?
Are you looking for a more flexible role with a better work-life balance?
Connex Education Partnership is one of the leading specialist education agencies in Burton upon Trent, and we are seeking friendly and committed Teaching Assistants to add to our growing team of Primary cover staff.
If you register with us, you work exactly as you want to – so, whether it is day-to-day work as and when you want in a number of different schools in your immediate area, or you are more comfortable having long-term, set days within one school, then we will work to find you your ideal role.
- Supporting teachers in the delivery of lessons and activities
- Providing one-to-one support to students requiring additional help with their learning
- Helping to create a safe and inclusive environment
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and techniques, following school behaviour policy
- Assisting with administrative and organisational tasks, as required to ensure smooth running of the classroom
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A relevant qualification such as Level 2 or Level 3 CACHE in Supporting Teaching & Learning, or at least 3 months’ experience as a Teaching Assistant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Experience of working with working with children with SEND, or a knowledge of SEND
- Up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures
- The ability to provide 2 professional references covering the last 2 years
- A DBS on the update service, or be willing to get a new one.
In return, Connex will offer you:
- Access our online training platform Connex Academy, with over 80 free courses
- Weekly pay at a competitive rate and dependent on experience, via PAYE
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- A dedicated and experienced education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply directly below, or send your details to email@example.com, and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible regarding next steps.