Connex - Wales
Here at Connex Education Wales, we have a long-standing relationship with a school within the Cardiff area. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the team as soon as possible.
Are you someone that can provide support to pupils through a carefully structured day, which balances learning, affection, and discipline in a caring and homelike atmosphere?
- Provide support in the classroom under the direction of the Teacher
- Encourage language development
- Supporting the emotional development of children
- Undertaking practical activities e.g. play, art.
- Assist the children when coming to and from the Nurture Group
- Provide help with dressing, encouraging independence
The following attributes are desirable but not essential to this Teaching Assistant role: –
- Experience of working with children within a similar environment.
- The ability to work with groups of children independently.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
- The ability to develop strong relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively and sensitively.
About Connex Education Wales:
We are one of the best-known education recruitment companies in the area formerly known as Education Staffing – working exclusively with a range of fantastic schools. You will have an experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7 for any help and advice. We will work closely with you to find out about you and the perfect role.
Benefits of working with Connex:
- Pay rates in line with Welsh Government Framework Agreement.
- Ongoing assignments within your locality.
- Chance to upskill yourself with our fully funded TA qualifications.
- As part of our team, you will have a dedicated consultant by your side, offering support, valuable advice, and actively working on your behalf to secure the perfect role tailored to your unique skills and aspirations.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Full, free CPD training via our sister company Connex Academy.
You must have the following:
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) as a “School Learning Support Worker”
- An Enhanced DBS certificate for Child & Adult’s that’s registered on the update service, or the willingness to apply for a new one through CEW.
- Desire to make a difference.
- Ability to provide 2 professional references or a Character reference from a Professional Person.
- If you are interested in the role please apply here, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call the office with your questions on 02922 749839.