Connex - Derby
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in one of our lovely village schools close to Burton-upon-Trent, where the leadership team are seeking an experienced teaching assistant to work in a varied role across both key stages, which will involve both 1:1 work, and intervention support with small groups.
The school prides itself on a broad and balanced curriculum, where learning is tailored to each child’s individual needs and interests to help create a life-long love of learning, through exciting extra-curricular activities and the use of outdoor facilities. The position is full-time and long-term, and as the successful applicant, you would be welcomed into a supportive team of passionate and hardworking colleagues.
As part of the role, you will work closely with teachers to implement work programmes in order to give pupils better access to the curriculum, thus contributing towards their social, emotional and educational development. You should be able to listen to, guide, and build supportive and secure relationships with children, giving feedback on progress to other staff and parents as necessary.
The school are eager to meet any interested candidates as soon as possible, for an immediate start.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A qualification to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Recent experience supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities from 5-11, within an educational setting
- Fantastic behaviour management skills
- A good understanding of policies relating to SEN and Child Protection
- The ability to work from and evaluate pupil progress against IEP targets
- The ability to build fantastic relationships with students, staff and parents.
In return, Connex Education Partnership will offer you:
- Full, FREE access to our training suite of over 80 CPD courses and fully funded qualifications
- Competitive rates of pay
- An experienced local consultant to provide advice and support
- A weekly PAYE scheme, including employer pension contributions, subject to minimum requirements.
Any candidates with the relevant knowledge, qualifications and experience are invited to apply directly, or by calling our Derby office on 01332 913 151; alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.