Connex - Nottingham
Role: Teaching Assistant – Secondary School (KS3 upwards)
Location: West Bridgford, Beeston and South Nottingham
Pay: £70 – £95 per day, with weekly pay
Contract Type: Temporary, Temp to Perm, Full or Part Time
Start Date: ASAP
Connex Education are working in partnership with a number of academies across Nottingham who are seeking to employ additional learning support experts to join their departments ASAP and from January 2024. These roles are open to staff with less experience in schools however you must have worked with young people previously in some form; this role suits people with backgrounds in similar roles such as youth work, coaching, NCS Programme’s, teaching assistant etc. The teaching assistant role is a great stepping stone for anyone looking to take on a career in education but seeking more insight and experience into the inner workings of the classroom.
What does the role consist of?
As a teaching assistant, you will be required to support across a range of classes, typically with a group of students, or individual pupils. The role of a teaching assistant is very centred around behaviour management and you will be responsible for keeping students on task and ensuring they complete their work, alongside the class teacher.
At Connex Education we will support you in becoming qualified with our CPD platform and the Connex training suite; we can offer you a Level 3 award for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and in some instances a funded PGCE with QTS.
What do I need to do this role?
- Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils aged 11-16
- Versatile and able to ‘think on your feet’
- Degree educated (in any discipline) – desirable but not essential
- Strong behaviour management skills, support via our CPD platform on this
- Reactive and able to cope well in a stressful situation
- Keen interest in Education
- Able to commit on a long term basis, with a group of schools
What can Connex Education offer you?
- Excellent support from a dedicated consultant
- Guaranteed pay scheme, meaning financial security and payment even if work isn’t available (term time only)
- Great pay rates and weekly pay
- Hands on experience in busy academies
- Regular CPD via our Thirsty Scholars Partnership
- Opportunity to gain a PGCE with QTS via our Teacher Training Partnership
If this sounds like the role for you then apply with your CV to email@example.com or give the office a call for a confidential chat on 0115 8243002.