Connex - Derby
Connex Education are seeking an experienced and creative Qualified Teaching Assistant, on a part-time basis, for one of our wonderful village schools close to Burton upon Trent. As part of the role, you will be required to offer support to children across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, in both 1:1 and small group intervention.
With its broad and balanced curriculum, the school aims to develop a love of learning in pupils, by creating lasting memories that encourage them to form their own interests and to ask questions about the world around them. The successful candidate will need the knowledge and creativity to find new ways to overcome any barriers to learning, so that every child can meet their best potential.
The role has an immediate start so the school are eager to meet potential candidates as soon as possible, and as the successful candidate you will be welcomed into a supportive team of passionate, hard-working colleagues.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A qualification to Level 3 or equivalent.
- Recent experience supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities from 5-11, within an educational setting
- Fantastic behaviour management skills
- A good understanding of policies relating to SEN and Child Protection
- The ability to work from and evaluate pupil progress against IEP targets
- The ability to build fantastic relationships with students, staff and parents.
In return, Connex can offer you:
- Full access to a range of free CPD training
- Excellent pay rates, paid weekly via PAYE
- Fantastic links to schools in and around Swadlincote
- An experienced education consultant who will be available to you 24/7
- Interview/observation guidance, and help writing your CV.
Any candidates with the relevant knowledge, qualifications and experience are invited to apply directly, or by calling our Derby office on 01332 913 151; alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.