Connex - Manchester
Trainee Teaching Assistant – Full Time (Term Time Only) – Tameside based Secondary Schools
Connex Education are a well established recruitment organisation who have been supporting schools across the Greater Manchester region for more that 6 years in their search for committed and outstanding employees.
We’re working with multiple schools in the Tameside area who are in need of confident and outgoing Teaching Assistants.
We’re looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who would like to also enrol on our fully funded Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools whilst also completing a paid placement.
- You must be available Monday – Friday 8.15am – 4pm school term time only
- You will be supporting schools across the Tameside area – Secondary and/or Special Needs are all options AGES 11 – 16
- Initial pay £11 per hour (term time only) – Once qualified an estimated salary of £17,000-£20,000 per annum depending on the school and responsibilities you hold
- Start Dates Vary – Flexible to you!
- Training takes as little as 16 weeks to complete; we will look to secure you a paid placement during this time.
Skills required to be a Trainee Teaching Assistant;
- Level 4 or Grade C GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent (Essential)
- Essential to hold some former Level 1 Teaching Assistant experience or other experience supporting children, young adults or vulnerable adults – please make this evident on your CV
- Be passionate about wanting to work as a Teaching Assistant and able to commit to 16 weeks training with placement and have the aim to take on permanent work in schools.
What you will learn whilst qualifying as a Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Understand child and young person development.
- Support learning activities.
- Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Schools as organisations.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct an interview and complete a vetting process which includes an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS, if you do not have one, you can get one through Connex Education at the cost of £44.
If you’re able to support schools in the Tameside area this academic year, please apply or get in touch with our team to discuss this role more.