Connex - Derby
Connex Education is working in partnership with Secondary Schools in Derby who are seeking individuals who are looking to form a career and gain teaching experience within schools.
What does the role consist of?
As an Unqualified Teacher/Cover Supervisor, you will be required to support across a range of subjects, providing relief for absent teachers. The role of cover supervisor is very centred around behaviour management and you will be responsible for keeping students on task and ensuring they complete the work left by the subject specialist teacher.
The Cover Supervisor role is a great stepping stone for individuals who are looking to take on a career in education but seeking more insight and experience into the inner workings of the classroom. This role suits people with backgrounds in similar roles such as youth work, coaching, teaching assistant etc.
If you don’t have as much experience but are still keen on the role, still apply! At Connex Education we can support you to upskill with our CPD platform.
What do I need to do this role?
- Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils aged 11-16
- Versatile and able to ‘think on your feet’
- Degree educated/ currently studying on a Degree (in any discipline)
- Strong behaviour management skills, support via our CPD platform on this
- Reactive and able to cope well in a stressful situation
- Keen interest in Education
- DBS on the update service or willingness to apply
- Ability to provide 2 professional references
What can Connex Education offer you?
- Excellent support from a dedicated consultant
- Great pay rates and weekly pay
- Hands on experience in Schools
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular CPD via our Connex Academy
If this sounds like the role for you then apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org