Teaching assistant jobs
Teaching assistants play a vital role in the support and development of children’s learning. They work closely with teachers within classes to support whole-class activities, small groups or individual children; their role is to help make sure pupils can learn in a safe and caring setting.
Connex Education Partnership fills teaching assistant roles in a wide range of schools and education settings, on a part-time and full-time basis for short and long-term assignments. Our supply teaching assistants are a vital part of the support we offer our partner schools and the education of their pupils.
The supply teaching assistant job can include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
An individual TA’s specialisms or particular skills may also be used by a school – for example with literacy, numeracy or special educational needs (SEN). Those TAs who are bilingual may be needed to support children whose first language is not English.
If you’d like to become an HLTA, our sister company Thirsty Scholars Partnership offers an accredited course. Click here to find out more.