In order to provide you with recruitment, payroll and related services we need to acquire and retain certain information about you as an individual. We will keep this information secure, only using it for the purposes outlined in our Terms and Conditions, and in full compliance with the prevailing data protection legislation. Where necessary, in order for us to complete our service to you - such as ensuring you’re paid for the work you do - we will securely pass your personal information to approved third-party service providers, such as payroll agencies.
We only work with other businesses that are GDPR compliant, so you can rest assured your personal information is safe and secure.
From time to time, we’d like to contact you to let you know more about the services we offer, share our latest career-related blog articles or news, or let you know about exclusive offers and promotions. We’d like to do this via email, post, SMS, phone and other electronic means. We’ll always treat your personal information with the utmost care and will never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes. We will not SPAM you or bombard you with marketing communications.
Next of kin - Emergency contact details
Health & disability
Please note that should your application be successful you may be asked separate assignment/client specific health questions. These will be stored separately from your application.
Qualified Teacher Status
Connex Education is committed to paying to scale wherever possible and wherever school budgets allow. To help enable us to do so please confirm your current pay scale below, please be aware you may be required to provide evidence of your last pay to scale, in the form of a payslip, a letter from a previous employer or through confirmation from Teacher’s Pensions. If you are unable to provide evidence of your previous scale it may impact on Connex Education’s ability to pay you to scale.
Agency Workers Regulations 2010
Rehabilitation of Offenders Declaration
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.
Please note that work in Education is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Ex-Offenders Act 1974 and all unfiltered convictions must be declared.
Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
If you are currently subject to any kind of investigation or prosecution relating to a criminal act and/or which could lead to a conviction you must notify Connex Education Partnership (CEP) upon registration. If this were to occur whilst in employment with CEP you must declare this to us immediately. If you do not this could lead to termination of employment.
The Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006 – statutory guidance for schools (July 2018) sets out the circumstance in which individuals are disqualified from undertaking certain childcare work (relevant childcare work) under the relevant statutory provisions. As part of our safeguarding checks we are required to check whether any candidates who are seeking work involving relevant childcare work are ‘disqualified’ from carrying out that type
of work. Individuals may be disqualified because they have either been convicted of a relevant offence or are subject to a relevant order.
DBS Update Service Checks
- I give permission to Connex Education Partnership to verify and take a copy of my DBS certificate and check for the update service.
- I confirm that I will sign/have signed up for the DBS Update Service and that my subscription is current/will be maintained. I understand that if my subscription expires, or my status check is returned showing that further information has been added since the date of issue and Connex Education Partnership is required to submit a new DBS application form, I am solely responsible for meeting the costs of undertaking such check.
- I agree that Connex Education Partnership can undertake online check(s) of my DBS status as reasonably necessary. I understand that I may not be able to work in a DBS environment until the DBS certificate/status has been verified and approval to work in the DBS environment received.
- I consent to Connex Education Partnership transmitting and keeping copy/copies of my DBS application, certificate and any update(s) as necessary.
- Please note that a DBS issued through Connex Education Partnership is valid for 12 months if you are in continuous employment.
- All new and returning candidates will have to make a new Enhanced DBS application (unless they hold a relevant DBS certificate registered on the update service).
- A new DBS costs £45.20 (£38 for the Enhanced DBS plus a handling fee of £7.20 charged by our online DBS provider). To avoid delays, we recommend candidates make payment as soon as possible so we can launch the application. (Please be aware that should you wish to cancel an application please notify us immediately as once the application has been approved by Connex there is no option to cancel and no refund from our DBS provider can be processed).
You should read the following guidance notes carefully as they explain the vetting procedures Connex Education Partnership will carry out during your
Confidentiality Statement: I will keep secret and confidential all information made available to me about any educational establishment member of staff or pupil whilst on assignment.
I will keep any such information secure and will not disclose this nor allow it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person. I understand that the above
undertakings are terms of my assignment and should I break these, this may result in action, not excluding Civil or Criminal Prosecution being taken against me. This includes the Data Protection Act 1988 and any variations that may be made to this in the future. It is an offence for anyone who has been convicted of certain specified offences, or included on lists of people considered unsuitable by the Department for Education (DfE) & the Department
of Health (DoH) to apply for work with young people under the age of 18. I am therefore required to declare any details of any criminal record that I may have including pending prosecutions, convictions, cautions and bind overs. The information I give will be regarded as confidential and will only be disclosed in relation to appointment in schools.
The disclosure of a criminal record or other information will not debar you from appointment unless Connex Education Partnership considers, or is advised by the Department for Education or the TRA (Teaching Regulation Agency), that this renders you unsuitable for employment. In making the decision, Connex Education Partnership will consider the nature of the offence and how it occurred, what age you were when it was committed and any other factors which may be relevant. We are required by the Department for Education to share any Enhanced Disclosure information with Headteachers, Principles or designated persons prior to employment.
Failure to declare any pending/unspent prosecution, conviction, caution (excluding youth cautions, reprimands or warning) or bind over including those regarded as spent that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 is an offence and may disqualify you from appointment, or result in your appointment being terminated when the discrepancy comes to light with possible referral to the police and Teaching Regulations Agency (TRA).
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS): Unless you hold an original Enhanced Disclosure that is registered on the update service, Connex Education Partnership will arrange for an Enhanced Disclosure check to be carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service. A cost will apply for the Enhanced Disclosure but it will belong to you and can be used for assignments.
Any work or travel abroad within the last five years for a period of six months or more must be covered by copies of an appropriate police check or a letter of good conduct. Only original or properly certificated police checks/certificates of good conduct can be accepted. A UK Enhanced Disclosure is also required.
Safeguarding at Connex
Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance to us and we expect the staff chosen to represent us to uphold this commitment.
Safeguarding is a term which is broader than ‘child protection’ and relates to the action taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and is defined in Working together to safeguard children 2018 as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The key principles of safeguarding children or vulnerable adults are outlined below:
- the welfare of the child is paramount
- no child or group of children must be treated any less favourably than others in being able to access services which meet their particular needs
- all children without exception have the right to protection from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs
- all concerns, and allegations of abuse must be taken seriously and actioned appropriately – including but not limited to informing the designated person within a setting and Connex Education Partnership.
To support you in meeting your obligation to safeguard children and vulnerable adults we fund CPD accredited safeguarding training through a partner organisation. It is our expectation that this training be completed by all workers. You will be provided with your login details to access the training during the recruitment process.
Applicant's declaration and consent
By signing this document, I confirm that I have read and fully understood the statements and agree to abide by them. I also declare that all information I have given is true and accurate to best of my knowledge.
- I certify that I have answered all questions on this form fully and accurately, and that I possess the qualifications that I claim to hold.
- I certify that I am not on the Barred List or disqualified from working with children.
- I certify that I am not subject to sanctions imposed by The Teaching Regulations Agency (TRA) and I confirm I’m not subject a current or pending TRA investigation.
- I am not currently suspended from work or awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary enquiry or allegation.
- I certify that I am legally entitled to work in the UK.
- I am aware that physical contact with pupils should be avoided and inflicting physical punishment could have serious consequences including criminal prosecution and referral to the Department for Education Children's Safeguarding Unit.
- I agree to support Connex Education Partnership’s commitment to Child Protection and Equal Opportunities.
- I have received and understood Connex Education Partnership’s Health and Safety information for temporary Workers.
- I certify that my declaration of criminal convictions is truthful.
- I understand that if I have knowingly given false information omitted or concealed any relevant fact about my eligibility to work; I will be removed from Connex Education Partnership’s register and will be reported to the Department for Education’s Local Authority Designed Officer (LADO), which could lead to barring from work within education and possible referral to the police.
- I understand that failure to declare an accurate account of my working history may invalidate any claim I may have under the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
- I have received and read Keeping children safe in education (2022).
- I have received my Candidate Handbook.
- I consent to Connex sending my video profile to potential schools.
I confirm that I give my consent for:
- Connex Education Partnership to apply for a DBS, for the DBS Update Service Check to be carried out by Connex and for them to provide copies/confirmation to clients as well as retain a copy of my DBS Certificate for their records.
- My personal data to be supplied to your approved chosen payroll provider (if applicable).
- Connex Education Partnership to provide copies of my CV, DBS and references to any prospective employer for the purposes of securing work.
- References to be sought.
Special Needs Interest
Please, therefore, complete our further SEND questions
Please designate a bank account where you would like weekly payments to be made
Signing and submitting
Please review the entries on this form and if you're happy that everything is accurately completed, sign and submit the form.
For office use only