TA jobs with Connex Education
Teaching assistants play a vital role in the support and development of children’s learning. They work closely with teachers within classes to support whole-class activities, small groups or individual children; their role is to help make sure pupils can learn in a safe and caring setting.
We all want students to be able to learn in a safe, nurturing and happy environment. For these reasons, a teacher may need help inside and outside the classroom to maintain this setting, particularly for a bigger class.
Connex Education fills teaching assistant roles in a wide range of schools and education settings, on a part-time and full-time basis for short and long-term assignments. Our supply teaching assistants are a vital part of the support we offer our partner schools and the education of their pupils.
Supply TA jobs might include responsibilities such as:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
Of course, it doesn’t stop there. You might even be a helping hand in mapping out learning strategies with the teacher, and providing them with feedback which could improve their lesson, and potentially a child’s education.
When you work with Connex Education, you get plenty back in return, including:
- Your own personal point of contact
- A wide range of assignments all matching what you want
- Flexible work hours
- A huge range of schools and nurseries (many of which only work with us)
- Competitive pay
- PAYE payroll – so no payroll fee’s that are so common with other agencies
- A unique choice of monthly or weekly payroll and holiday pay
- CPD training
- Support and guidance
- Healthy work:life balance
- On-the-go app for managing work life
An individual TA’s specialisms or particular skills may also be used by a school – for example with literacy, numeracy or special educational needs (SEN). Those TAs who are bilingual may be needed to support children whose first language is not English.
If you are searching for teaching assistant jobs, call us today on: 0845 266 0650, or contact your local branch.