Connex - Birmingham
- Date Posted: 13th January 2023
- Location: Coventry, CV2
- Salary: £130 to £177 Per Day *paid to scale
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Type: Temporary / Contract / Temporary to Permanent
- Contact: Trinity McFarlane
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0121 456 4040
Are you a Qualified KS1 and/or KS2 Teacher who is looking to expand on your existing skills AND have a better work life balance?
Connex Education Partnership are looking for a Cover/PPA teacher to join one of our schools from January 2023 until the end of the academic year.
The school is based in Coventry (CV2) and are currently looking to recruit a teacher to work for 3 days per week across KS1 and KS2.
You will need to have a strong knowledge base of the Primary curriculum and the ability to adapt tasks and activities to ensure learning is accessible for all students. The role is open to applications from Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
- Teaching a range of subjects in Key Stage One and/or Two
- Follow planning left by the class teacher and be prepared to adapt lesson plans and activities to stretch and challenge children
- Follow the school’s marking and behaviour policy
- Build relationships with the pupils, parents and staff
- Prepare/photocopying resources for lessons – while there will be little to no planning initially, as this is a longer term position there will be elements of adaptation as mentioned
- Attend CPD relevant to the role with other teachers/staff.
- 3 full days per week, long-term role until July 2023 *with scope for 5 days if you would prefer a full time role!
Required skills and experience
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) – ECT’s are welcome to apply!
- Strong subject knowledge
- Flexibility to teach across a range of Primary classes
- Experience as a teacher/cover teacher in KS1 or KS2
- Able to liaise with and delegate other staff
- A DBS on the update service or willingness to apply for a new one
- Minimum of 2 excellent references required which cover the last 2 years of your work history
Benefits, culture and company information
- Specialist Education Agency offering a personal and friendly approach
- Personal CV writing / amendment service
- Actual salary of £130 and £177 per day – Paid to Scale with AWR at 12 weeks employment
- Dedicated consultant who is committed to your career goals and aspirations
- Flexible Working Options Available
- Free on-going CPD opportunities
- NEST Pension Scheme
- PAYE and Holiday Pay
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please apply now or get in touch with Trinity at Connex Education today!