Connex - Birmingham
Connex education are currently recruiting for a qualified teacher (QTS/QTLS) to work on a one to one basis working with a year 7 pupil who has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This young person has an EHCP and is currently awaiting a school placement within a special needs school as a mainstream setting has not worked for this young person. This sessions for this student will be three hours per day to begin and may gradually increase up to five hours per day depending on how the young person is engaging with the sessions.
You will be required to do:
- Build an excellent rapport with both the pupils and their families
- De-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Create a calm and positive learning environment
- Assist with the development and implementation of the educational health care plan (EHCP)
- Complete a home tuition report after sessions that outlines progress of the student
Location: Birmingham, B10
Placement Type: Long term / Permanent
Working hours: 3 hours per session, five times a week.
Start date: ASAP
- QTS / QTLS
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching
- Driving license (Preferred)
- An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations
If you are interested, please apply today! Alternatively call Georgia on 0121 456 4040 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will be required to virtually interview for this position.
Connex Education is acting as an employment business and employment agency. All appointments are subject to statutory compliance checks, including references and enhanced DBS. Connex Education recruits solely on the suitability of candidates to the role and does not discriminate in line with the Equality Act 2010.